An annual, board-approved budget designed to address community needs as defined in the long range plan.
- Written budgets ensure fiscal accountability and transparency.
- The budget should reflect the priorities that are outlined in the library’s long-range plan.
- Drafting the annual budget should be a joint project between the Board and Director.
- Use the previous year as a guide but forecast known and possible changes to avoid shortfalls.
- To be in compliance with Standard 11, your annual budget will need to be posted to the library’s website.