Code of Conduct
For the Patrons of the Naples Library
Recognizing the need to maintain an environment suitable for studying, reading, browsing and the general use of library resources, the Library Board establishes rules and procedures to assure the safety of library users, library personnel, and library materials, equipment and furnishings; and to assure that the use of the library is not obstructed by inappropriate behavior or actions. Abiding by these rules will allow all patrons of the Naples Library to use its facilities and programs to the fullest extent.
Library patrons are expected to follow all library rules and policies, including these “Rules of Conduct.” Entering the library implies agreement to abide by these rules and policies while in the library. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the Library and/or loss of Library privileges. A person who defies an authorized library employee request to not enter the library or not to remain in the library for failure to comply with the library’s rules and policies is subject to arrest for trespass. (New York State Penal Law, Section 140.05)
Rules of Conduct:
The “Rules of Conduct” apply to both patron conduct with other patrons and patron conduct with staff members. The following rules are to be observed:
- Patrons shall respect the rights of other patrons at all times.
- Patrons shall not disturb others by engaging in disruptive activity.
- Patrons shall not use offensive or abusive language or engage in offensive or abusive behavior. Patrons shall not use audio equipment that can be heard by others. Cell phones must be turned off or switched to silent mode, and all cell phone conversations must be conducted outside the Library building unless approved by library staff.
- Patrons shall not smoke or use tobacco or tobacco products within one hundred feet of the entrances, exits or outdoor areas of any public or association library. See Tobacco Use Policy.
- Patrons shall not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Carrying weapons of any type is prohibited.
- Patrons shall not engage in any illegal activity on library premises.
- Patrons shall not interfere with the use of the library by other patrons or interfere with library employees’ performance of their duties.
- Patrons shall not deface or mar library materials; nor shall patrons deface or in any way damage library furnishings, walls, equipment, or other property.
- Patrons using any digital devices in the library including the library’s or their own must comply with the library’s Computer and Internet Use Policy. In part, it says that the use of the Internet for activities that violate local, state or federal law is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 are the responsibility of their parents or caregivers and may not be left unattended in the library.
- For reasons of safety and hygiene, patrons must wear shoes or equivalent foot covering at all times.
- Patrons shall not compromise the health and safety of other patrons and staff.
- Patrons shall not bring animals into the building, except for a patron’s Registered Service Animal, or Certified Therapy Animal participating in a library program.
- Solicitation of funds, distribution of literature or promotional material, or sale of goods is forbidden by any person or agency other than the library except by permission of the Library Director/Manager.
- Borrowed library materials and equipment shall be checked out with a valid library card prior to removal from the building.
- Patrons will be responsible for paying for any copier/fax fees and/or lost/damaged items.
- Loitering on library property is prohibited.
- Patrons shall not solicit religious, political, or other personal views to any patron or staff member on library property.
During a pandemic:
- All patrons must wear masks/face coverings when entering the library/holds Pickup Area/coming in proximity of library staff and other patrons.
- Social distance guidelines of 6 feet between all individuals will be enforced at all times.
- Return items should be placed in the Book Drop only
Any patron who violates these rules and regulations may be temporarily denied service and/or be required to leave the library premises and be denied the privilege of future access to the library. A patron whose privileges have been denied may have the decision reviewed first by the Library Director/Manager and then by the Naples Library Board of Trustees.
This policy may be amended by the Naples Library Board of Trustees at any time.
Adopted by the Naples Public Library Board of Trustees on October 21, 2014.
Amended by the Naples Public Library Board of Trustees on October 24, 2017, May 22, 2019, and June 17, 2020.